Jan 31, 2014

Mix of Prego Food Cravings

Chicken Salad Mix
Snack craving something cool for any time of the year.
Mix up a salad by adding more flavor.
My usual morning mix.
Sunday breakfast splurge.
Dinner or lunch. Mix up pesto and pasta with any healthy veggies or meat.
Being pregnant food all together was a challenge for me. The cravings, what to eat, what not to eat on and on. I have never been a foodie person. I could grab a Fiber One bar on the go and be good. I never had cravings, where something sounded so good that I must have it or just eat lots of it, such as eating a whole brownie. I have always been a healthy conscious eater.

I wanted to share some of my meals that I found had flavor and never got sick of, yet that were somewhat healthy.        here here here and here are similar recipes and foods to follow matching my above mixes.

*I am not a nutritionist nor do I have any background into giving any medical advice, this is just what I have been following during my pregnancy.


Pregnancy nutrition: Foods to avoid during pregnancy

Avoid seafood high in mercury

  • Swordfish
  • Shark
  • King mackerel
  • Tilefish
Consider:
  • Shrimp
  • Canned light tuna (limit albacore tuna and tuna steaks to no more than 6 ounces, or 170 grams, a week)
  • Salmon
  • Pollock
  • Catfish
  • Anchovies
  • Trout

Avoid raw, undercooked or contaminated seafood 

Canned and shelf-stable versions also are safe.
Limit the amount of fish from local waters.
Cook fish to an internal temperature of 145 F (63 C)

Avoid undercooked meat, poultry and eggs

Fully cook all meat, use a meat thermometer to make sure.
Cook hot dogs and lunch meats until steaming hot, or avoid them completely. 
Avoid foods made with raw or partially cooked eggs completely. 

Avoid unpasteurized foods

Such as Brie, feta, blue cheese, juices, milks, however if they are clearly labeled pasteurized.

Avoid unwashed fruits and vegetables

To eliminate any harmful bacteria wash all raw fruits and vegetables.

Avoid excess caffeine

Limiting the amount of caffeine in your diet to less than 200 milligrams a day = 8-ounce (237-milliliter) cup of brewed coffee contains about 95 milligrams of caffeine, an 8-ounce (237-milliliter) cup of brewed tea contains about 47 milligrams and a 12-ounce (355-milliliter) caffeinated cola soft drink contains about 33 milligrams.

Avoid herbal tea

There's little data on the effects of specific herbs on developing babies. Some types of herbal teas are marked specifically to prego women. 


Again this is what I followed I just wanted to share what worked for me, because it was such a yoyo for me to follow from Drs.  other websites, and from other people. DO NOT STRESS AND GO WITH WHAT YOU KNOW!!! Eat healthy be happy!!! I hope this was helpful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ADDED PIN IT GRAPHIC ADDED PIN IT GRAPHIC