Dec 22, 2013

DIY Snow Globe Ornament Announcement

I had this idea of making a gender reveal Snow Globe idea for a while now. I am all about making baby DIY projects whimsical, to me snow globes are so precious. To add to it an ornament, something that you could keep and look back to every year.
Material:
  • Clear glass bulbs (I used Tree House brand found at any craft store)
  • Printout of your ultrasound image ( I printed 3 sizes to try out and 6 prints)
  • Hot glue and hot glue gun 
  • Styrofoam balls (or flake snow)
  • Scissors
  • Tweezers
  • Spray Mout (or glue)
  • Funnel (rolled up paper works)
  • Glitter spray paint ( I didn't end up using)
  • Ribben
  • Other gender props to add to the bulb if you would like
1. Rub together two of the Styrofoam balls to make snow!! TIP: It ended up being a bit of a mess.
2. Cut out your image back to back so you will be able to view your baby on both sides.
3. Using the tweezers place the image into the bulb.
4. You could glue the image to the base of the globe or leave it free floating around in the snow, I did both.
5. Use the funnel, add snow to the ornament and shake it up a bit.
6. I am not a simple person so I had to add a personal touch into the ornament above pictured.
7. I had to do a little EXPERIMENTING on this craft. You can really add anything to this, be creative!!
This was a little trial and error for me. It didn't turn out exactly as I planned, put its the thought that counts, right. Please share some of your DIY projects!!! ENJOY AND CREATE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ADDED PIN IT GRAPHIC ADDED PIN IT GRAPHIC