Dec 4, 2013

17 Weeks 5 Days Thanksgiving

Here you are 17w 5d.


How far along? 
17weeks 5days

Total weight gain?
9lbs gained with a total of 130lbs.

Maternity clothes?
After wearing stretch pants and t-shirts I really needed some variety back in my life. My wonderful boyfriend took me shopping over the weekend. I was looking for something I could grow into not quite maternity, my goal is to stick with what I could use after being pregnant. I will post some outfits in upcoming post.

Stretch marks?
No, but I am going to invest in a body oil, Mama Bee Nourishing Body Oil from Burt's Bees I have been using Palmers Cocoa Butter Massage Lotion. With the colder weather my skin is becoming more itchy.

Sleep?
Sleep is the same, I'm just used to it at this point.  I'm still trying to  sleep on my left side as recommended and the awesome Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pregnancy Support Pillow works wonders for propping me up and just comfort all around. At this point Im used to my random sleep patterns.

Best moment this week?
Shopping for clothes! I am very grateful to have such a supportive boyfriend. He makes me feel so beautiful. Ok I may be a little crazy but I swear I can feel Baby Fig moving around in there. It feels like a little rumbling gas.

Miss anything?
I really wanted to start diving into my career goal and see where it would take me before I was pregnant,. I found that starting something completely new and being able to fully commit to it is harder to do with the unexpected ups and downs of pregnancy and so forth. I miss the carefree me at points and being able to eat, drink, sleep when and where I want. On the other hand the decision to have a baby I wanted to embrace being pregnant and focus on taking care of myself and Baby Fig. So now I have to think and do for two and most of all how I can provide as well as be a full-time mother for the first few years.

Movement?
Like I said above, I may be crazy but I think I can feel the little one. Chip and I were driving around looking at house for about 4 hours the other day and I think with all of the bumps and movements it got Baby Fig going. Or it could be the wonderful gas.

Food cravings?
I still can't get over loving ice-cream like crazy. Not too many cravings but I have been spending more time cooking new recipes and cooking over all. I found that I had more talent that I though I had.

Gender? 
2 more weeks from today!!!

Labour signs?
Nope

Symptoms?
The other night I woke up with excruciating pain in my right lower belly area I feel it often and it hurts but it brought tears this time. This is called Round Ligament Pain, it is a normal part of pregnancy. During the 2nd trimester having body pains is a common symptom, which I am experiencing a lot this week. Doing Pilates help with my stiff achy muscles I try to do this as often as I can. Not only will it keep you strong and flexible, but it will help with recovery after pregnancy. more info here.

Belly button in or out?
Not yet...

Happy or moody most of the time?
I truly am enjoying being pregnant. All of the changes that are happening to my body it is just amazing how the human body adjusts to pregnancy.

Looking forward to?
Feeling comfortable and stylish in all my new clothes.


Keep in-touch for upcoming post on fashion this week....
Fashion this week and tips and tricks on how to show up that bump. here
Prenatal Pilates work out recommendations and other resources I used. here

No comments:

Post a Comment

ADDED PIN IT GRAPHIC ADDED PIN IT GRAPHIC