Nov 11, 2013

Halloween DIY announcement

Coming up with our Announcement was such a treat. I had a vision of what I wanted to do and it came out perfect. My creative process ~I wanted a costume that resembled something pure beautiful majestic; this came the mother nature theme + the color palette of  Baby Fig just the nature of the two of them.
Material:
 Crown 
  • Silk leaves, mine already had gold paint on it.
  • Wire cutters.
  • Heavy rustic floral wire for the base, I had some left over from another project.
  • Hot glue and hot glue gun.
Makeup
  • Gold leaves.
  • Spray mount, this is what I had but I would recommend another type of face adhesive.
  • (not shown) Gold and plumb eyes shadow.
  • (not shown) Eye lashes, I used purple.
  • I bought 3 types of gold dust; for my hair and body, you can do as you please.
I found all of my materials from Hobby Lobby (a craft store). Be sure to check online for coupons they usually have 40% coupons and sales every day. 

Heres How
Crown
  1. Measure the crown with the rustic floral wire around your head.
  2. Cut random pieces of the silk leaves from the stem with wire cutters.
  3. Randomly place the silk leaves around the crown and with the hot glue gun glue in the center. 
Makeup
  1. I put my base makeup on (my usual everyday). I used liquid eye liner on the tops of my eyes to make a winged look at the ends. To enhance my cheek bones I used more bronzer then usual and a dash of plumb with a blush brush.
  2. I applied false eyelashes, mine were purple.
  3. In stages I applied adhesive to my brows as I stuck the gold dust to it, not allowing it to dry too quick. The gold dust comes in flakes so tear it as you please.
ENJOY & CREATE!!
 Happy Halloween!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

ADDED PIN IT GRAPHIC ADDED PIN IT GRAPHIC