Feb 6, 2014

DIY Arrows for Our little One

This Baby DIY project could not have came at a perfect time. Valentines Day is coming up and so what comes to mind… hearts… love… bows and arrows. Although I didn't plan on using my arrows in a romantic gesture, my little mans nursery will symbolize all the love I need to show. 
Material:
  • 12-inch wood dowels
  • Colored paper
  • Feathers
  • Painters pen (optional)
  • Hot glue and hot glue gun (optional)
  • Wire
  • Scissors
1. Stencil out some of your favorite feathers. I chose not to freehand them you could freehand some to get the right size and shape. 
2. To add more texture and patterns to the end of the arrow I painted a colored pattern to the feathers.
3. Hot glue the feathers in place as you go along. ( I learned this on my 3rd arrow it helps with stabilizing the feathers and holds the paper feathers from tearing at the ends). 
4. below shown wrap wire around the base of the feathers around the dowel.
4. Shave the ends of the dowel so the triangle tip will fit on smoothly. 
5. Cut two identical triangles to place on both sides of the dowel, then glue.
TA DA!!!

I can not wait to hang these up in our little guys room. Look ahead to see what the outcome looks like. If you choose to make a few you could apply these to gifts, as a decor, an event… I would love to make some for my self in some other bright more feminine colors.
They just add a personal special touch!!! ENJOY & CREATE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ADDED PIN IT GRAPHIC ADDED PIN IT GRAPHIC