Jan 18, 2014

Our Lil' Mans DIY Onesie

I could not wait to get started on these DIY onesies. Its so hard to not buy every "mini" pairs of shoes, or cute outfit, or plush baby blanket with a cute design on it. So if I make it myself it will give me an excuse to guy something and it will be more personal and exactly what I want. Look ahead on more to come using fabric paint. 
Material:
  • Freezer paper (found at any grocery store)
  • Onesies
  • Ruler
  • Xacto knife
  • Fabric paint (I used Tulip Soft)
  • Stencil Brushes (I used Tree House Studio Value Pack) found at any craft store, well worth the investment.
Pick your paint! I chose just a few to test them out Neon Green, Turquoise, and Black.  
1. Cut freezer paper in strips I used the size of the onesie just incase I wanted to make a bigger stencil.
2. ON THE MATTE SIDE trace or freehand your design (you could print on it but I just chose not to.) Leave enough room around the design so when you stamp it it doesn't bleed around the edges onto the fabric. 
3. Cut out the design with your xacto knife. Make sure you save all of the little pieces.
4. Iron the image onto your onesie GLOSSY SIDE DOWN. Place a piece of cardboard between the fabric so the paint won't bleed through.

(Above) I chose to do this one free hand and not iron it on. You can tell towards the end it gets a little sloppy due to the over use of the stencil. With all of the other ones I ironed them so the paint didn't peek through the edges. 

5. Let your paint dry for about 1 hour or until throughly dry then peel off freezer paper. 
ENJOY & CREATE!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ADDED PIN IT GRAPHIC ADDED PIN IT GRAPHIC